I am a self-proclaimed nail polish connoisseur, an addict some may say. I sincerely believe that I knew how to paint my nails before I knew how to tie my shoes - which, in the grand scheme of things makes sense. I currently own one pair of shoes with shoelaces and I have an entire basket full of different nail polishes. I believe this obsession blossomed when I began associating femininity with painted nails. I always admired worn hands adorned in diamond rings with electric red fingertips. This was my definition of glamour and this definition has not changed.
Nail polish is the perfect accessory. It changes with the seasons, you can glitz it up or tone it done and it draws attention to an otherwise lackluster feature. I am always on the hunt for an exciting new color and wanted to share some of my favorite for winter.[gallery link="file" columns="7" orderby="title"]
- Julep’s Vera is one that I love. Its brown crème color is classic, elegant and versatile. Vera is a great everyday color but would also transition beautifully to an “oh so chic” dinner party.
- The Full Monty by Butter is another one of my favorites. Its metallic gold shimmer is perfect for the holiday season and brings such shine and sparkle to your nails.
- Gone Grey by Sally Hansen is a great winter accessory. You can recreate the gloomy and blustery winter weather with an added pinch of glimmer right on your fingertips.
- Dior’s Midnight Blue Grey is dramatic and daring in all the right ways. This polish makes a statement and will carry your fingers beautifully through the winter months.
- Chanel is known for their fabulously gorgeous nail colors and Holiday is no different. Its fire engine red tone is gorgeous no matter the occasion; add a high gloss topcoat and your nails say “hello” before you do!
- Leading Lady by Essie is a beautiful cranberry color with an added sparkle. Nothing says holidays like this wonderful color. Its warm, rich tones are perfect for those cold winter nights and its shimmer adds a punch of pizazz.
- Butter’s British Racing Green takes a fun twist on the winter months. The hunter green tone hints at holiday while remaining timeless and elegant. One of my favorites!
When you strip off your mittens this winter make sure your hands are something worth bragging about.